Train your brain to stop worrying:
1. Set aside 30 minutes each day to worry.
- When you find yourself worrying outside of that time frame, remind yourself you’ll have the chance later.
- This trains your brain to worry less and worry smarter.
2. Use a worry diary.
- Acknowledge your worries and get them out of your head by writing them down.
- Don’t hold back.
3. Refocus on the small steps.
- Shift your attention from the long-term to the daily.
- Be pragmatic and proactive about the actions in your control.
4. Interrupt the worry cycle.
- Get up and get moving.
- Exercise, take a yoga class, meditate, or simply try deep breathing... anything that gives you a time out.